Providing quality space at competitive prices in the home of innovation
Harlow Enterprise Zone occupies a strategically significant site between London and Cambridge, with its proximity to London Stansted Airport making it a premier business location.
Harlow can offer perhaps the most competitive location in the south east of England, so close to London. Harlow Enterprise Zone provides: -
- 51 hectares of development opportunity
- Refurbished buildings ready for occupancy from 2016
- Easy access to London, Cambridge and Stansted Airport
- Simplified planning regime, often not requiring a planning application
- Business Rate discounts
- Superfast broadband supplies
Harlow Enterprise Zone is one of 45 locations across the country, designated by the UK Government, to provide incentives for investment. The Zone provides three specific opportunities: -
- London Road South (Kao Park); 20,000 square metres of ‘Grade A’ office space as well as the largest Data Centre development with full planning consent and currently under construction in the south east of England
- London Road North (Harlow Science Park); 14 hectare greenfield site available for design and build opportunities with a focus on the Med Tech, Life Science and ICT sectors; construction commences in 2017.
- Templefields; existing industrial estate offering SME manufacturing space and longer term re-development opportunities
Harlow was the birthplace of fibre optics with fibre optic cable being invented at STC (latterly Nortel) by George Hockham and Sir Charles Kao, for which they won the Nobel Prize for Science. This site is now at the vanguard of the Harlow Enterprise Zone with the developments being taken forward by Goldacre Ventures at London Road South.
The Harlow Enterprise Zone will carry on this tradition for innovation and enterprise through the creation of a campus environment for dynamic businesses creating new technologies and new products, thereby stimulating innovation and generating economic growth.
We have four core objectives: -
- The development of two sites to provide high quality, modern business space meeting the needs of businesses in the ICT, Advanced Manufacturing and Life Science sectors.
- The location of 100 businesses and the creation of a minimum of 2500 jobs with the potential to create more than 5,000 jobs over a 25 year period.
- Increase the GVA of the West Essex sub-region through inward investment and enabling the growth of existing companies through re-location, expansion and supply chain opportunities.
- The creation of employment opportunities for local residents.